The mobile display industry has witnessed rapid growth, in bothvolume and diversification, in recent years. This trend is expectedto persist with continued consumer demand for mobile communicationsand computing applications. Mobile displays are now integral to awide range of devices such as MP3 players, digital cameras, PDAs,GPS map readers, portable DVD players, and electronic books, aswell as the ubiquitous mobile phone and laptop computers. This proliferation of products has fuelled a significant investmentinto the research and development of the mobile display, with keyresearch laboratories across the display industry and academiaproducing many exciting technological advancements.
With contributions from well-known experts, in both industry andacademia, this book presents a comprehensive coverage of the mobiledisplay in a single volume. Ranging from an in-depth analysis ofthe requirements that the displays must meet, through currentdevices, to emerging technologies, the text features:
- mobile environment and human-factor considerations for thedisplay;
- advances in the incumbent active matrix liquid crystal display(AMLCD) technologies;
- backlighting and light manipulation techniques;
- mobile display driver electronics and interfacetechnologies;
- emerging technologies including active matrix organic lightemitting diode (AMOLED), electronic paper displays, andsystem-on-glass (SOG) developments;
- application developments in eyewear, mobile projector, and 3Ddisplays.
Mobile Displays: Technology and Applications presents, inaddition to the fundamentals, a detailed update on state-of-the-artadvancements. It is an invaluable resource for practicingelectronics and display engineers working on the development ofmobile displays and their applications. It is also anextensive reference for graduates taking special courses in displaytechnologies.
The Society for Information Display (SID) is an internationalsociety, which has the aim of encouraging the development of allaspects of the field of information display. Complementary to theaims of the society, the Wiley-SID series is intended to explainthe latest developments in information display technology at aprofessional level. The broad scope of the series addresses allfacets of information displays from technical aspects throughsystems and prototypes to standards and ergonomics
List Price: $ 202.00
Price: $ 43.65