- LEGO® Master Builder Academy teaches techniques to design and build your own creations using the skills of LEGO Master Builders!
Master the Art of Creating your own Robots and Micro Models!
Create your own robots and micro models! Includes 2 separately packed bags of bricks each with a matching book. Find new and creative uses for even the smallest pieces in your collection with Microbuild Designer! And with Robot Designer, discover how to create some of the coolest robot and mech models around! Use the 5 techniques in this set to combine pieces to make your own amazing creations! This set includes:
• 6 designs – 3 Robot and 3 Micro designs. Build 2 models at a time, one from each theme!
• 63 official LEGO® building tips and techniques from the actual designers of the models
• Two 84-page Designer Handbooks teaching 5 LEGO Master Builder techniques
• Two LEGO MBA Level 1 Minifigures, each with a themed accessory build
• Learn more about Space Designer, Action Designer, Adventure Designer, and Invention Designer!
List Price: $ 129.50
Price: $ 129.50
LEGO MINDSTORMS has changed the way we think about robotics by making it possible for anyone to build real, working robots. The latest MINDSTORMS set, EV3, is more powerful than ever, and The LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 Discovery Book
is the complete, beginner-friendly guide you need to get started.
Begin with the basics as you build and program a simple robot to experiment with motors, sensors, and EV3 programming. Then you’ll move on to a series of increasingly sophisticated robots that will show you how to work with advanced programming techniques like data wires, variables, and custom-made programming blocks. You’ll also learn essential building techniques like how to use beams, gears, and connector blocks effectively in your own designs.
Master the possibilities of the EV3 set as you build and program:
- The EXPLOR3R, a wheeled vehicle that uses sensors to navigate around a room and follow lines
- The FORMULA EV3 RACE CAR, a streamlined remote-controlled race car
- ANTY, a six-legged walking creature that adapts its behavior to its surroundings
- SK3TCHBOT, a robot that lets you play games on the EV3 screen
- The SNATCH3R, a robotic arm that can autonomously find, grab, lift, and move the infrared beacon
- LAVA R3X, a humanoid robot that walks and talks
More than 150 building and programming challenges throughout encourage you to think creatively and apply what you’ve learned to invent your own robots. With The LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 Discovery Book as your guide, you’ll be building your own out-of-this-world creations in no time!
Requirements: One LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 set (LEGO SET #31313)
The LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 robotics set offers unlimited possibilities to build and program robots, but exploring beyond the instructions included in the set can be a bit overwhelming when you’re just getting started. The LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 Discovery Book is designed to help you discover the power of LEGO MINDSTORMS as you learn to invent, build, and program your very own robots.
This book assumes no previous experience with either building or programming LEGO MINDSTORMS, and each chapter presents a mix of robot building, programming theory, and challenges to help you really understand the concepts. You’ll learn basic programming techniques at the same time that you make your first robot move, and you’ll learn about more advanced programming as you build increasingly sophisticated robots. The challenges, called Discoveries, encourage you to expand the example programs, modify the mechanical design, or even invent completely new robots!
The LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 Discovery Book is divided into six parts:
- Part I: Getting Started takes you through the contents of the EV3 robotics set and shows you how to build your first robot. You’ll meet the EV3 software and basic programming blocks that you’ll use to make your robot move. You’ll also learn essential programming techniques, such as making your robot repeat actions and do more than one thing at the same time.
- Part II: Programming Robots with Sensors teaches you all about sensors, which are essential components of MINDSTORMS robots. You’ll add the Touch Sensor to the robot you built earlier, and you’ll explore the functions of the Color Sensor, the Infrared Sensor and the infrared beacon, and the Rotation Sensors inside each of the motors.
- Part III: Robot Building Techniques covers the LEGO Technic building elements that come with your EV3 set. You’ll learn to use beams, axles, connector blocks, and gears effectively in your own robots.
- Part IV: Vehicle and Animal Robots puts your skills with motors and sensors to the test as you build two new robots—the Formula EV3 Race Car and ANTY, a robotic ant.
- Part V: Creating Advanced Programs is devoted to advanced programming concepts. You’ll learn about data wires, how to process sensor values and do math on the EV3, and how to make the robot remember things with variables. Finally, you’ll combine all of these programming techniques to create a robot that lets you play games on the EV3 screen.
- Part VI: Machine and Humanoid Robots combines everything you’ve learned to guide you through creating two complex robots. You’ll build and program the SNATCH3R, an autonomous robotic arm that can find, grab, lift, and move the infrared beacon autonomously, and the LAVA R3X, the walking, talking humanoid shown on the front cover.
List Price: $ 34.95
Price: $ 19.09